2018 Castle Invitational Program Book
The Castle Invitational Program Book is a booklet designed, printed and sold in conjunction with the annual Castle Invitational. Not only does the book provide information about the invitational, including a schedule of events, individual information highlighting each school’s program and show, and a space to write in scores, it also is a home for a plethora of community businesses to advertise and show their support for not only the Castle Marching Knights, but the arts as a whole. Additionally, information about The Castle High School Band Program is included throughout the book such as purchasing merchandise, recognizing staff/invitational committee/seniors, and highlighting The Castle Band Program Fund in honor of Sophie Rinehart. In 2018 the book was sold for $3. The profit made from the books is used to breakeven with the cost of printing the book, but also goes to The Castle Band Program if there is additional funds remaining. A book is always available each year for purchase by all invitational attendees.
Overview of planning and execution process for this project
- August 15 – Band program attendees send in information about their program and show
- August 20 – Overall design completed
- September 1 – All advertisements submitted
- September 8 – 2018 Castle Invitational Program Book went to print
- September 14 – Program Book delivered to the high school
- September 15 – Program Book on sale at the invitational
Sponsors/charities/volunteers/ other groups involved in the project and the benefits to each.