The grade levels participate in the following performances/museums:
- 2nd grade: Dallas Children’s Theater
- 3rd grade: Texas Ballet Theater
- 4th grade: (choose one) Dallas Museum of Art, Crow Collection of Asian Art, Nasher Sculpture Center, Dallas Contemporary, or Meadows Museum of Art
- 5th grade: (choose one) Dallas Symphony Orchestra or Dallas Winds
- 2nd graders – 11,995 students
- 3rd graders – 11,361 students
- 4th graders – 12,095 students
- 5th graders – 12,660 students
data from SY 2018-2019
Overview of planning and execution process for this project
Performance dates are as follows each year:
- 2nd grade: Dallas Children’s Theater – ongoing throughout the school year
- 3rd grade: Texas Ballet Theater – November of each year
- 4th grade: Art Museums – ongoing throughout the school year
- 5th grade: Dallas Symphony Orchestra – November of each year
- 5th grade: Dallas Winds: February of each year
Specific Budget Breakdown
- 2nd grade Dallas Children’s Theater tickets: $109,988/transportation: $47,000
- 3rd grade Texas Ballet Theater tickets: $44,000/transportation: $30,000
- 4th grade Museum Admissions: $0/transportation: $50,000
- 5th grade Dallas Symphony Orchestra tickets: $10,000/transportation: $6,100
- 5th grade Dallas Winds tickets: $92,200/transportation: $47,000
What was your total program enrollment during the prior school year?
What is your projected program enrollment for the current school year?
New or recurring project?Recurring
How did you update/change this project from its previous occurrence?
Challenges/obstacles that were encountered
Measurement of the success/effectiveness of this project?
- 2nd: 95%
- 3rd: 97%
- 4th: 87%
- 5th: 100%
In 2018-2019 the following percentage of students in a particular grade level attended:
- 2nd: 95%
- 3rd: 96%
- 4th: 93%
- 5th: 97%
Advice for someone looking to replicate this project in their own community?