The Orleans Pep Band Invitational
I have many friends that compose and arrange music. We at Orleans encourage groups to pursue the purchase of new and creative arrangements to promote the longevity of composition.
We are one of the smallest schools in the entire state of Indiana. We do not have the facilities to host marching bands, concert bands, jazz bands, and other ensembles do to the size of our venue. That being said, our event host up to 15 bands per year on a first-entry deposit bases. At our 2017 event we hosted 15 groups and were able to bring in a profit (for the band department) of $10,000. I was simply incredible the amount of time and dedication our small program has.
Logistics – It is very difficult for our school to be recognized for our performance achievements do to the limited number of students in the entire school system. At Orleans we have 240 students in grades 9 – 12 and 105 students in Junior High. Our band and guard program has a total of 103 students from 7th – 12th grade. We are a 5 time ISSMA State Finalist in marching band, a 2015-16 ISSMA All-Music Award Recipient, and a 2012 IHSCGA Novice Class State Champions.
Specific Budget Breakdown
- Music Arranger for our Fall Marching Show – $2000
- Visual Design for our Fall Marching Show – $3000
- Need Shoes and gloves for our guard – $1200
- Fuel and driver expenses for the Fall – $2200
- Misc Expenses: Entry Fees for our program.
New or recurring project?Recurring
How did you update/change this project from its previous occurrence?
Measurement of the success/effectiveness of this project?
- 1st year – 6 groups with a profit of close to $1500.
- 5th year – 10 groups with a profit of $3500.
- 10th year – 16 groups (including our own) with a profit of $10,000+