A Community of Lifelong Music-Makers
Overview of planning and execution process for this project
- Reserve concert space.
- Place event on school/district calendar.
- Speak to music department about parents being able to rent an instrument for one month.
- Announcements are made at all concerts explaining the upcoming community band opportunity. It is also placed on all social media both through band and school.
- First week-Sign-up information is sent home in a letter and placed in school newsletter.
- Fourth week-After instrumentation has been collected, select music and create folders.
- Develop seating chart.
- Talk to custodial staff about school access for evening rehearsal
- Four to five evening 1-hour rehearsals.
- During second to last rehearsal, ask for people to volunteer to bring in food for post concert reception.
- Create program.
- Concert takes place on the first Friday evening of March to kick off Music in Our Schools Month.
- Post concert reception.
Sponsors/charities/volunteers/ other groups involved in the project and the benefits to each.
Parent Teacher Organization can help provide treats and punch for reception.
Specific Budget Breakdown
New or recurring project?New Project
Challenges/obstacles that were encountered
Measurement of the success/effectiveness of this project?
The only changes I will make this coming school year is to ask the parents which evening works best for them for rehearsals so more parents can attend. I will also ask the Parent Teacher Organization to help with the reception.
Advice for someone looking to replicate this project in their own community?